By Rene Ray De La Cruz, Staff Writer
Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 5:41 AM

HESPERIA — Mayor Pro Tem Bill Holland and real estate broker Bill Jensen chastised Councilman Jeremiah Brosowske at a recent City Council meeting for allegedly taking part in a recall effort against Holland.

Brosowske denied the accusations during the Feb. 19 Council meeting. He told the Daily Press he’s “currently not part of any recall attempt,” and is focused on his responsibilities as a member of the Hesperia City Council.

But Jim Erwin, who once served as president of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Employees Benefit Association and Assistant County Assessor, told the Daily Press on Thursday he’s a principal signer on the recall committee against Holland.

Holland told the Daily Press that he was informed by city staff last month that they had received a recall “Notice of Intention” regarding the creation of an exploratory committee to have Holland recalled.

The document was signed by Erwin but did not include Brosowske’s signature, Holland said.

“Based on his conduct as a police officer with the Hesperia Unified School District and his involvement with the Oak Hills High School sexual assault, Bill Holland is not fit to be on the City Council,” Erwin told the Daily Press. “His election resulted in 65 percent of the voters in his district voting for someone else so he was elected by only 35 percent of the vote.”

Erwin’s reference to HUSD and OHHS includes Holland’s involvement in the investigation of a nationally publicized hazing incident at the high school.

Erwin noted that in the District 2 election in November, Holland ran against four other candidates.

“If there were less people running, Holland would not have been elected,” he said. “He’s going to be removed.”

Final results from the San Bernardino County Elections Office for Hesperia District 2 showed Holland with 34.92 percent of the vote, followed by Dan Ramirez 22.92 percent, Larry Nava 21.56 percent, Robert Lucero 14.11 percent and Gonzalo Gurrola 6.49 percent.

In December, Holland was sworn into office for a third term, following the city’s first by-district election.

“Recall papers can be served 90 days after the elected candidate is seated,” Holland told the Daily Press on Wednesday. “I’m ready for the fireworks and they better be ready for a fight.”

During the Feb. 19 Council meeting, Jensen warned Brosowske that a recall against Holland would backfire on Brosowske should he launch “political warfare” in the community.

Jensen told Brosowske he would push for a recall of Brosowske should he try to remove Holland from office.

Jensen said he once supported the Councilman. But now, Jensen said, Brosowske does not return messages, has a “medical marijuana agenda” and runs with the wrong political crowd outside City Hall.

To read expanded article, click here.