Monday, July 25, 2016 – 09:00 a.m.
Here’s a few observations on the unfolding abuse scandal in the San Bernardino County Department of Children and Family Services.
To provide background. Here’s a link to coverage by KTTV-LA Fox 11 News: Grand jury report on San Bernardino Department of Children and Family Services
It’s difficult to fathom just how all of this abuse to infants and toddlers, that in many cases resulted in death, went unaddressed for so long.
- Was the coverup really all about shielding the county from liability?
- Was any suspect involved in any of these cases prosecuted? If not. Why?
- Were the abuse cases reviewed by the Child Abuse Review Committee, comprised of social workers, physicians and prosecutors?
- Were these cases referred for prosecution?
- Will anyone be held accountable for this debacle?
- Is there truly an investigation into these cases, or just the agency and its placement practices?
It’s hard to believe that this was all covered up over money and the bad press that would ensue.
Nevertheless. The public deserves to know the outcome of this shenanigan.