Thursday, June 23, 2016 – 11:30 p.m.
Great Britain citizens have voted to leave the European Union.
The Thursday vote tally has for some reason taken global financial markets by surprise. Even though a blind man could see this outcome as a distinct possibility. Considering Europe has turned into a terrorist haven.
Expect the volatility to be short-lived if anything.
A few observations here:
- Prime Minister David Cameron, who should have stayed neutral, but supported the “remain” contingent, is finished.
- U.S. President Barack Obama, whose attempt at essentially threatening British voters to remain in the EU, is a loser here.
- Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton, who also pressed for a remain victory, takes a blow here as well.
- Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump, who gave his opinion that it woul dbe best for Great Britian to leave the EU, comes out a winner here. Trump is currently in Scotland for the grand opening of his Turnberry Golf Course.
- Any belief of further global unity anytime soon has been extinguished for the long-term.
Expect other EU members to consider saying goodbye to German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s little empire.
Here’s a link to the BBC election website.