By Monica Rodriguez, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
Posted: 03/12/16 – 7:48 PM PST |
After meeting Friday’s deadline for submitting nomination papers to county Registrar of Voters offices, scores of candidates seeking seats at the local, state and federal level are gearing up for the June 7 primary election.
A mix of longtime politicians and newcomers will participate in races for seats in Congress, the state Senate, Assembly and county supervisors seats.
Loma Linda residents will cast votes in order to fill three City Council seats. Voters in Yermo will have a special election in which two members of the Yermo Community Services District are being recalled.
Voters participating in the June election will receive ballots printed with the name of the candidates from all parties. The two candidates in each race with the highest number of votes will go on to participate in the Nov. 8 election.
The following are the names of the candidates who filed nomination papers.
• District 8: Incumbent Paul J. Cook, Tim Donnelly, Roger La Plante, John Pinkerton and Rita Ramirez.
• District 27: Incumbent Judy Chu, Jack Orswell and Tim Sweeney
• District 31: Incumbent Pete Aguilar, Kaisar Ahmed, Joe Baca, Paul Chabot and Sean Flynn
• District 35: Tyler Fischella and incumbent Norma J. Torres
• District 39: Brett Murdock and incumbent Edward R. Royce
• District 21: Jonathan Levar Ervin, Steve Hill and Star Moffatt. Incumbent Sharon Runner announced Thursday she will not be seeking re-election, extending the filling period until Wednesday.
• District 23: Incumbent Mike Morrell, Ronald J. O’Donnell and Mark Westwood.
• District 25 Michael D. Antonovich, Chris Chahinian, Teddy Choi, Katherine Perez-Estolano, Anthony J. Portantino and Phlunte’ Riddle.
• District 29: Ling Ling Chang, Josh Newman, and Sukhee Kang.
• District 33: Scott Markovich and Incumbent Jay Obernolte
To read expanded article, click here.