Hillary Clinton delivers remarks during the 2015 Toner Prize for Excellence in Political Reporting award in Washington

Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Washington March 23, 2015. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts

Politics | Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:53pm EDT

Washington —

(Reuters) – The Republican chairman of a House of Representatives committee investigating the 2012 Benghazi attacks said on Friday that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had failed to respond to the panel’s subpoena for documents in the case.

Representative Trey Gowdy said Clinton had not provided a single new document and her lawyer told the committee a server she used for emails while she was the top U.S. diplomat had been wiped clean.

“We learned today, from her attorney, Secretary Clinton unilaterally decided to wipe her server clean and permanently delete all emails from her personal server,” Gowdy, chairman of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, said in a statement.

He said the committee will seek to speak to Clinton, the presumed front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, about the emails and the server.

Clinton, who was sharply criticized after it was revealed she used a private email address while secretary of state, has said she has already given copies of all her work-related emails to the State Department.

To read entire story, click here.