By Joe Nelson, The Sun
Posted: 01/03/15, 5:28 PM PST |
Elected officials in San Bernardino County take two of the top three spots in California for highest paid elected officials during fiscal year 2013-14.
San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon was the highest paid followed by then-Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca, according to the California State Controller’s Office.
Prior to being appointed San Bernardino County Sheriff, John McMahon was an assistant sheriff with nearly 30 years of accrued vacation and sick time. That time needed to be cashed out before making the transition from county employee to elected county official.
The top 10:
Rank Job Total wages Total ret. & health costs
1. San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon: $363,986, $170,780
McMahon took office as San Bernardino County Sheriff in January 2013, and he was subsequently elected Sheriff for four more years in the June primary.
2. Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca: $347,786, $143,998
Baca led the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department for 15 years, before he retired in January 2014.
3. San Bernardino County Auditor-Controller/Treasurer/Tax Collector Larry Walker: $325,245, $116,877
Walker has held office of Auditor-Controller in San Bernardino County since being elected in 1998. He has since been elected into the position of Auditor-Controller/Treasurer/Tax Collector, when it was created in 2010.
4. Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey: $320,500, $90,566
Upon being sworn in in late 2012, Lacey became Los Angeles County’s first female and first African-American district attorney since the office was created in 1850.
5. Redondo Beach City Attorney Michael W. Webb: $289,130, $72,560
To read entire story, click here.