Saturday, June 28, 2014 – 11:00 a.m.
Here’s an update of recent publicly-available federal lawsuit filings against San Bernardino County.
The list continues to grow, and it isn’t looking good.
It’s a little perplexing as to the increase in frequency of the filings. But the big question is how much will this cost county taxpayers and insurers?
First, all of this can’t be made up. It’s likely some of this is exaggerated or fabricated, but not all.
Secondly, what has happened to even open the door for such allegations? I’ve never seen anythimg like this, especially in San Bernardino County.
Granted, prisoners file baseless pro-per lawsuits all the time. But the following lawsuits have attorney’s involved. While some of the lawyers may be described as mediocre. Some are not.
County lawyers must be scratching their heads right now.
- Estate of Merlin Factor v. County of San Bernardino: Complaint for damages related to wrongful death, filed June 26, 2014.
- Leal et al v. County of San Bernardino et al: Complaint for damages for wrongful death allegation, related to lack of medical care, filed June 20, 2014.
- Bishop et a; v. John McMahon et al: First amended complaint related to allegations of prisoner abuse, filed June 17, 2014.
- Marquez v. John McMahon et al: Complaint for damages related to allegations of prisoner abuse, filed June 11, 2014.
- Hanson et al v. John McMahon et al: First amended complaint related to allegations of prisoner abuse, filed June 10, 2014.
- Shelton v. McMahon: Complaint for damages related to allegations of civil rights violations; negligence, filed April 11, 2014.
- Arroyo v. San Bernardino County Sheriff: Complaint for damages related to wrongful death; negligence, filed February 12, 2014.