Mike Cruz, Staff Writer
Created: 12/10/2011 06:21:49 PM PST

ONTARIO – Occupy groups from across San Bernardino County gathered with signs Saturday in front of a Bank of America to push for reform of a system they say is no longer addressing the concerns of most Americans.

Occupy participants from Claremont, Redlands, Riverside, San Bernardino Valley and Lake Arrowhead also came to make a show of support for a fledgling Ontario group.

“Every time there’s a new Occupy, we love to support them,” said Keith Jackson, of Occupy Redlands.

Nearly four dozen people walked the sidewalk in front of the Euclid Avenue bank, waving to motorists and talking with community members.

Their signs read: “People over profits,” “To big to ignore. 99%,” and “Goodbye B of A. Hello credit
Teresa Webster, 30, of Ontario protests in front of Bank of America. (Thomas R. Cordova/Staff Photographer)
unions.”

Occupy Ontario gathers at 7 p.m. every Wednesday for a general assembly next to Ontario Public Library.

“Just to put it in two words: economic injustice,” said Josue Gonzalez, of Occupy Ontario. “That’s what we’re fighting against.”

Virginia Sanders, of Occupy Redlands, said they take to the streets in a peaceful, non-violent way to get their message out.

The Redlands group has had teach-ins to learn about how federal government functions, political sustainability and the social aspects of economic disparity, explained Sanders.

Among other concerns, the Occupy-ers question what has happened to middle-class incomes and full-time employment for students graduating from college.